Homemade Pumpkin Granola is a perfect Fall treat to add to your smoothie bowl, coconut milk, yogurt or fruit salad. This recipe is just sweet enough and you can add any seeds, nuts and dried fruit you like! It was inspired by a batch my client, Vi, gave me, not sure where her recipe originated 🙂
You will need:
- 4 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup nuts (unsalted, preferably raw, almonds, walnuts, pecans etc.)
- 1/4 cup seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, flax, chia, sesame)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp true cinnamon or pumpkin spice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup or honey
- optional: 1/2 cup dried fruit
Preheat your oven to 325F. Toss oats, seeds, nuts, shredded coconut, and cinnamon. In a small bowl, combine the pumpkin pure, maple syrup or honey. Pour over the oat mixture to coat well. Spread out on a large parchment paper lined cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes, stirring twice.
Let cool completely and then add optional dried fruit.